1 tablespoon dried porcini mushrooms
1 tablespoon oil
200g button mushrooms, chopped small
215g can butter beans, drained
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 ciabatta rolls
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon capers
Small bunch of basil, chopped
6 sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped plus 1 tablespoon of the oil
1 avocado, sliced
Juice of ½ lemon
A few chives, chopped
Handful pea shoots
50g cheddar cheese, sliced
- Put the porcini mushrooms into a small bowl and pour over 1 tablespoon boiling water and allow to steep until soft. Meanwhile, put 1 tablespoon of oil into another saucepan and cook the chopped button mushrooms until soft and all the liquid has evaporated. Chop the porcini mushrooms and add to the pan along with the butter beans.
- Remove from the heat and using a potato masher squish everything together until the butter beans are completely mashed and are thoroughly mixed with the mushrooms. Tip the mixture into a bowl and stir in a crushed garlic clove and season well with salt and pepper.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle, shape it into 2 large burger patties and place on a plate ready for cooking.
- Heat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan forced. Cut each of the ciabatta rolls in half through the middle. Carefully pull out a little of the bread from the middle of the bottom half of each roll, leaving the crust in tact. You just want to make a little extra space for the salad. Tear the bread you have pulled out into small chunks and place onto a baking tray along with the cut halves of the rolls. Place in the oven for 5-6 mins or until warmed through and the bread pieces are a little drier.
- To make the Panzanella- style salad put the small toasted pieces of bread into a bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, capers, sundried tomatoes and the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the avocado halves on a plate, pour over the lemon juice and sprinkle with chives.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick fry pan and cook the bean and mushroom burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side, try not to turn them too much as they can break, if they do just push them back together with a spatula.
- To build the burger, fill the cavity in each of the bottom halves of the burger buns with the Panzanella salad. Balance the burger patty on top of the salad, then top with the cheese, followed by the pea shoots and avocado. Serve immediately.