Turkey Brie and Cranberry Pastry Roll
400g turkey mince
400g turkey steaks, cut into 2cm pieces
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup smokey barbeque sauce
1 brown onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
80g packet pistachio kernels
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
200g brie, sliced into 1cm slices
2/3 cup whole cranberry sauce
Extra 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Place mince, chopped turkey, egg, sauce, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, pistachios and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Join two pastry sheets together along 1 side, overlapping by 2cm, to form 1 large rectangle.
- Place the cranberry sauce and half the brie along one side of the pastry. Top with mince mixture and remaining brie.
- Roll up pastry from the long side enclosing the filling.
- Place on the prepared tray, seam side down. Brush with the extra egg.
- Score the top of the pastry diagonally at 3cm intervals.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is cooked through and pastry is golden and puffed.