Tuna and Pesto Pasta Bake
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 green onions finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 sticks celery finely chopped
250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
120g baby spinach
¼ cup Sandhurst basil pesto
1 cup light evaporated milk
2 x 185g cans of tuna in olive oil, chunk style
½ cup grated light mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain
2. Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach, pesto and milk. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until spinach just wilts.
4. Add pasta to pan with tuna (undrained).
5. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
6. Spoon mixture into an 8-cup capacity ceramic baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.