Sweet Spicy Chicken
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
2 green onions, chopped finely
1/3 cup mango chutney
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Using kitchen scissors, cut along each side of the chicken backbone; discard backbone. Cut chicken in half along breastbones.
2. Combine the chickens in a large bowl with the paprika, garlic, cumin and mustard seeds, coriander, onion, chutney and oil. Cover, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Drain chickens, reserve marinade. Place the chickens, skin-side up, on a rack in a baking paper-lined baking dish.
4. Roast, uncovered, for about 50-60 minutes cover with foil for the first half hour, remove foil, brush with the marinade several times during cooking.
5. Serve the chicken with roasted pumpkin wedges, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.