Sweet Potato and Zucchini Lasagne
¾ cup raw cashews
300g sweet potato
¼ cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
2 ½ teaspoons vegetable stock powder
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
120g baby spinach
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
4 wholemeal lasagne sheets
Olive oil spray
Chopped fresh parsley leaves, to serve
- Place 2/3 cup of cashews in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel the sweet potato and zucchini into ribbons.
- Place cauliflower, ½ onion, 2 teaspoons stock powder and 1 ½ cups water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until very tender. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 4.5cm deep, 16.5cm x 22cm (base) and 20.5cm x 26cm (top) roasting pan. Drain cashews. Transfer cashews and cauliflower mixture into a food processor or blender. Process, scraping down the sides, until almost smooth.
- Roughly chop remaining cashews. Place in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs and remaining stock powder. Place 1/3 of the sweet potato and zucchini, slightly overlapping, over the base of the prepared pan. Top with ½ the spinach mixture, then 2 lasagne sheets, overlapping slightly. Spoon over ½ the cashew mixture, spreading to cover. Top with ½ the remaining sweet potato and zucchini, slightly overlapping. Top with remaining spinach, then remaining lasagne sheets, overlapping slightly. Spoon over remaining cashew mixture, spreading to cover. Arrange remaining sweet potato and zucchini, slightly overlapping, on top. Spray liberally with oil.