Stroganoff Roast Beef
1 piece scotch fillet (approx 2kg)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef stock
250g button mushrooms, sliced
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
2 tablespoons thyme leaves
1/2 cup sour cream
mashed potato and steamed green beans, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush beef with oil. Rub paprika and salt and pepper all over surface of beef. Place in a large roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour.
2. Combine tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and stock in a bowl. Add mushroom, onion and thyme. Stir to combine.
3. Remove beef from oven. Pour over mushroom mixture. Roast beef for a further 20 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer beef to a plate. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add sour cream to mushrooms in pan. Stir until well combined.
5. Thinly slice beef across the grain and place onto plates. Spoon over mushroom sauce and serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans.