Roast Pork with Apple Sauce
Roast Leg of Pork with Apple Sauce
1.5 kg boneless pork leg roast, rind on
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
6 medium potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
3 large (600g) green apples
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon white sugar
pinch ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 240°C.
2. Place pork in large shallow baking dish; rub with oil, then salt. Roast, uncovered, 20 minutes or until skin is bubbled and blistered.
3. Reduce oven to 180°C; roast pork, uncovered, further two hours.
4. Meanwhile, combine potato with extra oil and herbs in large bowl. Place in single layer on oven tray. Roast, uncovered, about 35 minutes.
5. APPLE SAUCE: Peel and core apples; slice thickly. Place apples and the water in medium saucepan; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until apple is soft. Remove pan from heat; stir in sugar and cinnamon.
6. Stand pork, covered loosely with foil, 10 minutes before slicing. Serve pork and potatoes with Apple Sauce.