Roast Pork and Vegetables
1 pork porterhouse loin approx 1 kg
4 tablespoons sea salt
¼ cup olive oil
6-8 cloves garlic
4 eschallots, peeled and halved
8 potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
2 celery stalks, cut into 10cm lengths
200g pumpkin, skin on, cut into small wedges
6 baby carrots, peeled and tops removed
2 apples, peeled and cored, cut into wedges
2 sprigs rosemary
¼ bunch thyme
100ml olive oil
½ cup water
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 240⁰C
2. Remove skin from pork, score and blanch in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a roasting pan, rub pork with salt, pepper and rosemary sprigs and seal on all sides until golden. Transfer pan to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
4. For vegetables, place vegetables and apple into a bowl, drizzle with oil and add rosemary, garlic and salt.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 200⁰C, add vegetables to pan with the pork, return to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender, golden and caramelised.
6. Remove pork and rest.
7. Massage salt into skin then lay onto a cake rack inside a roasting pan, to collect any fat. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until skin is crispy and golden.
8. For gravy, deglaze roasting pan with water. Add Dijon mustard and butter and cook over a medium high heat, stirring, until gravy has slightly thickened and is glossy.
9. Slice pork, serve with vegetables, apple and gravy.Print Recipe