1 sweet potato, peeled , chopped
1 onion, sliced
1 butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 ½ litres chicken stock (6 cups)
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Prepare the sweet potato, pumpkin, onion and garlic.
- Place the prepared sweet potato, pumpkin, onion and garlic onto the lined baking tray. Sprinkle the thyme leaves, ground cumin, salt and pepper over the vegetables on the tray. Drizzle oil over the vegetables so that there is a little oil on every piece. Place In the preheated oven and bake for around 45 minutes.
- Place all the baked vegetables into a large soup pot. Add the stock and put over high heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then blitz with a stick mixer until smooth with no lumps.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or just on its own. Its great either way!