1 large pineapple
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 chicken breasts, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
100ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock
Cooked rice, to serve
Sesame seeds, to serve
1. Cut the pineapple in half lengthways.
2. Cut around the inside edge of the pineapple halves, do not cut through the skin.
3. Slice down and across the centre, then scoop out the diced pineapple. Discard the core and set the flesh aside.
4. In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat.
5. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
6. Add the diced pineapple, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic to the fry pan and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add the chicken stock and stir. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
8. Add the chicken back to the pan and stir until coated with the sauce.
9. Serve in the empty pineapple halves, along with the rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.