For the sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 red capsicum
2 green birds eye chillies
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
2 tablespoons fresh coriander stalks, finely chopped
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
For the filling
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans sweetcorn kernels, drained
250g grated cheddar
8 soft flour tortilla wraps
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Put a baking tray into the oven at the same time.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a pan on the stove and fry the onion, capsicum and chili add the salt and cook gently for 15 minutes and once soft, add the chopped coriander stalks.
- Add the canned tomatoes, then swill the cans out with the water and add this too.
- Spoon in the tomato sauce and let things come to a simmer, leaving the sauce to cook while you prepare the filling, about 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, mix the drained beans and sweetcorn in a bowl. add most of the grated cheese, (reserving some to sprinkle on the top at the end) and mix together.
- Start to assemble the lasagne by spooning about a third of the salsa sauce into the bottom of your ovenproof dish. Spread it to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Layer 2 tortillas overlapping slightly so that they cover the sauce.
- Add a third of the beans and cheese mixture, covering the tortillas, and then a quarter of the remaining salsa and another 2 tortillas.