Maple Bacon Roast Chicken
2kg Whole chicken
30g butter, softened
200g bacon, halved length ways
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Pat dry the inside and out of the chicken using paper towel.
3. Rub chicken with butter.
4. Place bacon on the chicken in a lattice arrangement.
5. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Place in a roasting pan.
5. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and bake for a further 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
7. Brush bacon with maple syrup.