4 lamb steaks
4 Turkish bread rolls
Sweet chilli and tomato relish (see recipe bellow)
3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- Brush both sides of the lamb steaks with olive oil, then sprinkle with the Moroccan seasoning.
- Heat a large fry pan on medium-heat.
- Cook the lamb steaks for 3 minutes each side, for medium. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- While the lamb rests, lightly toast the bread rolls.
- Butter the toasted bread rolls, then place the rocket on the bottom halves followed by sliced tomato. Top with the lamb, then add your desired amount of relish. Add the top half of the Turkish roll to finish the burger.
- Serve immediately with a side of beer battered chips.
Sweet Chilli and Tomato Relish
2 teaspoon olive oil
1 red onion, chopped finely
800g ripe tomatoes, chopped coarsely
½ cup sweet chilli sauce
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Cook onion until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring, over high heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes or until the relish is thick.