Japanese Fried Rice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 eggplant, finely chopped
250g pork mince
4 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
3 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 large carrot, peeled, finely diced
150g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
340g (2 cups) cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon gluten free tamari
1 tablespoon sake
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat a large wok over medium high heat and spray with oil.
- Add half the egg, tilting the wok so it covers the base. Cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a board and repeat with the remaining egg.
- Roll up each omelette and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Return wok to high heat and spray with a little oil. Stir fry eggplant for 2-3 minutes or until golden and softened. Transfer to a plate.
- Spray the wok with a little more oil. Add the mince and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, breaking up the lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add the shallot, garlic and chilli and stir fry for 1 minute an aromatic.
- Add the carrot and snow peas and stir fry for 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add the rice, tamari, sake and sesame oil and stir fry until heated through.
- Serve the rice topped with sliced omelette, extra shallot and sesame seeds.