Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
7kg leg of ham on the bone
85g (1/3 Cup) Dijon mustard
125ml (1/2 cup) honey
45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
250ml (1 cup) apple juice
250ml (1 cup) dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place an oven shelf in the lowest position and remove all other shelves.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut around the shank of the ham in a zigzag pattern, about 10cm from the end.
- Run a knife under the rind around the edge of the ham.
- Gently lift the rind off in one piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat.
- Use a knife to score the fat in a diamond pattern, 1cm deep.
- Stud the corners of the diamonds with cloves.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the mustard all over the ham.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the ham starts to brown.
- Combine the honey, sugar, sherry and apple juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until the honey and sugar melt. Gently pour over the ham.
- Bake, basting occasionally with the pan juices, for 1 hour or until golden brown. Transfer the ham to a serving platter and serve.