Honey Miso Turkey Meatballs
3 green shallots
600g turkey mince
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 ½ tablespoons miso paste
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup mirin
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 ½ tablespoons honey
180g soba noodles
2 bunches broccolini, halved diagonally
2 cups edamame beans, blanched, podded
3 teaspoons sesame oil
- Thinly slice 2 shallots diagonally and reserve.
- Finely chop remaining shallot and place in a bowl.
- Add turkey mince, 2 teaspoons of ginger, garlic, 3 teaspoons miso and breadcrumbs. Season and combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on a lined tray.
- Whisk together the mirin, vinegar, honey and remaining ginger and miso in a jug.
- Cook the noodles and broccolini in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and refresh. Transfer to a bowl. Add edamame, sliced shallot and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Toss to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs turning, for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Add the miso mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes until the liquid is syrupy and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Divide the noodle salad among bowls.
- Top with the meatballs and drizzle with the sauce.