Ham and Mozzarella Rolls
2 teaspoons dried yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1 ½ cups (375ml) warm milk
3 1/3 cups (55g) plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
2 teaspoons tomato paste
100g mozzarella, shredded
120g shaved honey leg ham, shredded
- Combine the yeast, sugar and milk in a small bowl. set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
- Add the yeast mixture and oil and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Punch down the dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Cut the dough into 8 even portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball and place on the lined tray.
- Make an indent in the top of each ball. Fill with tomato paste, mozzarella and ham.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- Preheat over to 180°C. bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Serve.