Gluten Free Waffles
1 ½ cups (128g) oat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup room temperature milk of choice
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil OR 5 tablespoons melted butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: milk, melted coconut oil or butter, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined (the batter will still be a little lumpy. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes to allow the oat flour to absorb some of the moisture.
- Plug in the waffle iron to preheat while the batter rests. If the waffle iron has a temperature dial, set it to medium- high.
- Once the batter has rested for 10 minutes give it one more light stir. Pour the batter onto the heated waffle iron, enough to cover the central surface area, and close the lid.
- Once the waffle is deeply golden and crisp transfer it to a cooling rack or baking sheet. DO NOT STACK THE WAFFLES ON TOP OF EACH OTHER, other wise they will lose their crisp.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter until all batter is used.
- Serve with your desired toppings
(serving option: maple syrup with fresh raspberries)