Gluten Free Sausage Rolls
1 cup gluten free plain flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 large potato peeled and cooked
60g soft butter
60g softened cream cheese
1 oil spray
½ cup sesame seeds
500g sausage beef mince
2 tablespoons mixed herbs
2 tablespoons gluten free sweet chilli sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced.
- Drain and mash cooked potato, allow to cool.
- Place flour, gum, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Place potato into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth, add butter, cheese and flour mixture and beat until a firm mixture is formed.
- Increase the speed of the mixer and beat until the dough is light and fluffy. Mixture will be smooth and will form a dough when pushed together.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sausage mince, herbs and sauce together.
- Roll pastry into a large rectangle between two sheets of baking paper. Cut into two long rectangles and trim edges to neaten.
- Place half the filling along the centre of each rectangle. Using the paper as a guide, roll the pastry over the filling to enclose, cut to desired size, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place seam side down on a paper lined tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.