½ cup chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic
½ green capsicum
¾ cup fresh parsley leaves
425g can chickpeas, rinsed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon bicarb soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 gluten free burger buns, cut in half and toasted
- Place onion, garlic and capsicum in a food processor and pulse until uniformly chopped. Add chickpeas, cumin, coriander, bi-carb soda and salt. Process until well combined.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the breadcrumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. using 1/3 cup per patty, form the chickpea mixture into four 3 inch diameter patties.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
- Carefully transfer the patties to a baking sheet and bake for around 15 minutes.
- Serve the patties on the buns and add your choice of salads.