Crispy Duck with Marmalade
1 whole duck
1 jar of marmalade (approx 280 ml)
Sea salt flakes
3 sprigs rosemary
½ cup verjuice
Extra virgin olive oil
1 whole duck1 jar of marmalade (approx 280 ml)Sea salt flakes3 sprigs rosemary½ lemon½ cup verjuiceExtra virgin olive oil
1. Dry duck well. Cut half lemon into two quarters and place 2 quarters of lemon and one stick rosemary in duck cavity.
2. Tuck the wings underneath the duck (otherwise the opart of meat the wings naturally cover will not cook properly)
3. Smother duck in marmalade over every bit of the skin and sprinkle with remaining chopped rosemary leaves. Salt and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Place on a rack in 160ºC oven tray breast side up.
5. Bake until tender (1 ½ hours to 2 ½ hours)
6. Place a little water in the base of the pan.
7. When breast ‘gives’ to the touch, take out of oven and pour verjuice over or white wine. Leave to rest half an hour before carving.
8. Serve with greens.