Christmas Tree Brownies
200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
200g butter, chopped
1 cup (220g) brown sugar
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
¼ cup (60g) sour cream
½ cup (96g) white choc bits
125g butter, extra, softened
2 cups (320g) icing sugar
1 tablespoon milk
Green liquid food colouring
M&Ms minis, to decorate
Sugar stars to decorate
Sprinkles to decorate
100’s and 1000’s to decorate
12 candy canes
- Preheat oven to 180°. Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine the dark chocolate and chopped butter in a saucepan over low heat, cook stirring, for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the brown sugar to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add eggs and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and sour cream and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the white choc bits.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to beat the softened butter in a bowl until very pale.