250g butter, slightly softened
2/3 cup icing sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 cup rice flour
Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter, icing sugar, plain flour and rice flour in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Press the mixture together until it forms a dough. Divide dough into two.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Using Christmas designed cookie cutters, cut shapes from the dough and transfer to prepared trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dry and firm but still PALE.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.