Chorizo and Mushroom Pizza
1/3 cup (80ml) tomato pizza sauce
1 chorizo sausage, sliced
50g sliced pepperoni
½ cup (75g) pitted kalamata olives
200g mushrooms, thickly sliced
135g drained roast capsicum, torn
100g vined ripened cherry tomatoes
100g bocconcini, torn
¾ cup (185ml) warm water
2 teaspoons dried yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
- To make the pizza dough, combine the water, yeast and sugar in a jug. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the mixture is frothy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture and oil and use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to stir until just combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in warm draught-free place for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Dust a large baking tray with flour.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll out to a 35cm x 45cm rectangle. Transfer the dough to the prepared tray.
- Spread the dough evenly with pizza sauce.
- Heat a medium fry pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Arrange the chorizo, pepperoni, olives, mushroom, capsicum, tomatoes and bocconcini over the pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Cut the pizza into squares to serve.