Chorizo and Chickpea Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (100g) chorizo sausage, sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
400g can diced tomatoes
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups liquid chicken stock
1 bunch silverbeet
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chorizo for 2 minutes or until crisp.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, stock and 2 cups of cold water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer, covered, stirring, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove stems from silverbeet. Finely shred the leaves. Add to pan,
- Simmer, covered for 2 minutes or until leaves have wilted.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve with bread.