Chilli Prawn Salad
375g dried medium- width rice noodles
2 carrots, peeled
2 Lebanese cucumbers sliced
1 red capsicum, deseeded
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1kg prawns, peeled, tails intact, deveined
2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
- Place noodles into a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice carrots into long thin ribbons.
- Quarter cucumbers lengthways and slice diagonally. Cut capsicum into shreds.
- Combine lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved. Toss noodles, vegetables and mint together gently. Drizzle over dressing.
- Heat wok or fry pan over medium-high heat. add oil, prawns, chilli and garlic and toss for about 2 minutes or until prawns change colour. Add to noodle salad and serve.