Candy Cane Truffles
½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
40g unsalted butter, chopped
3 ½ cups (550g) white chocolate melts
10 small candy canes (120g), crushed
1 cup (160g) icing sugar sifted
- Place the cream and butter in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and top with the hot cream mixture.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and using a metal spoon, stir until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Add the candy cane and mix to combine. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until just firm.
- Spread the sugar on a large baking tray.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the truffle mixture into balls and roll in the sugar to coat.
- Place on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Makes 45.