Barramundi with Thai Dressing
4 barramundi fillets, thawed
500g green beans, blanched and cut into 5cm pieces
4 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise and cut diagonally into chunks
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon shrimp paste
¼ cup Thai green curry paste
2 cups coconut milk
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon palm sugar or brown sugar
2 kaffir lime leaves, cut into slivers
1. Place barramundi fillets in a baking dish.
2. Heat oil in a heavy frypan over moderate heat. Add shrimp paste and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add green curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and half lime leaves. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 5mins or until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Pour half of dressing over fish and refrigerate remainder. Turn fish a few times to coat, then cover and marinate in fridge for 2 hours, turning from time to time
4. Preheat barbecue to a moderately high heat.
5. Oil grill plate. Place fish on grill, skin-side down. Grill for 3 mins, then turn over carefully and cook for a further 3mins, or until flesh is flaky and fish is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce in a saucepan over a low heat. Place beans and cucumber in a deep platter, add fish and spoon sauce over. Scatter with remaining kaffir lime leaves and serve immediately.