Barbequed Duck Salad
2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthways
200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 red onion
1 lemongrass stem, pale section only, thinly sliced diagonally
1 bunch mint leaves
1 Chinese barbeque duck, chopped
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
Chilli and capsicum Jam:
2 red capsicums, quartered, seeded
4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
½ cup finely chopped palm sugar
¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
4 long fresh red chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fish sauce
- For the chilli and capsicum jam: preheat grill on high. Cook capsicums, skin-side up, under grill for 8-10 minutes or until charred and blistered.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl, cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes. Peel and finely chop flesh.
- Combine capsicum, red onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and vinegar in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until red onion softens. Add palm sugar, lime juice and chilli and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 15 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Add fish sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- For the rest of the salad: combine the cucumber, tomato, red onion, lemongrass, mint and coriander in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chilli and capsicum jam. Sprinkle with shredded kaffir lime leaves to serve.