¾ cup cashews, soaked
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 medium onions, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups water, divided
1 ½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
- Place cashews in a small bowl.
- Cover with water. Soak for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and a pinch of salt and sauté for around 3 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and broccoli and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of water, salt and pepper. Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- Drain Cashews. Place cashews and 1 cup water in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Once soup is pureed, stir in the cashew cream. Season and serve.